Second day after chemo…

has been awful. At about 5:30am I found myself rushing to the bathroom to throw up. I don’t ever remember feeling this sick. Not with morning sickness or the flu or even when I had food poisoning. Of course how you feel in the moment is always worse then ever before but I promise I’ve never been this violently sick before. I got back to my room and found the bottle of what I thought was the nausea medicine they had prescribed for me and I took one. Then I laid in bed for what seemed like hours wishing I would just go to sleep or die.

I don’t know what time it was but Rylee came in my room and Terry called to check on me at the same time. All I wanted was ginger ale so Rylee ran up to the gas station and got me some. Not having slept much the 2 nights before I did finally go to sleep but as soon as I woke up I was running back to the bathroom. I had no idea what time I took the Rx earlier but I was taking another one. I asked Rylee to make me some toast and then I couldn’t even eat it. I don’t know what I would have done without him here to help me today. Thanks Rylee. I love you a Buddy!

Later in the day I was feeling some better and I got up to see where I’d thrown the bottle of nausea medicine (it rolled off my dresser) only to discover I had not been taking nausea medicine but the ibuprofen the dentist had given me when I had my tooth pulled. Because just sitting up made my stomach churn, I took the correct medicine and slept for the rest of the day.

These to sweet puppies kept me company all day.

The first one is Daisy and she would come and lay her head across my neck and then if I didn’t move she would lick my nose like crazy as if making sure I were breathing. It was annoying but sweet. Gracie, the second picture just needed to be loved on.

Terry went and got us dinner. I just wanted chicken noodle soup so he went to Chick Fli A. I ate what I could and tried to watch some tv with him but it didn’t last long and I was back in bed. Now here it is after 1am Thursday morning and my body is hurting from being in bed all day, I can’t sleep and the nausea medication is wearing off. I am supposed to work tomorrow so I really need to get back to bed but if I didn’t do this now, it wasn’t going to get done.

I truly believe there is a cure for cancer out there. It breaks my heart to think that people would rather keep the pharmaceutical companies running and happy then giving people like me what I need to survive, instead of putting me (us) through this hell. What will it take?

Thank you for all of your prayers. They have been well received and welcomed.

As I told my friend KC I would offer up this first chemo and all that comes with it for the women making and serving on this weekends Cursillo. DeColores Ladies! I love you all!

Be blessed,




One thought on “Second day after chemo…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s