The day after…

So today was pretty mild. I still had a bit of a headache and the steroid kept me up until 2 am and I was up at 6am to go potty. I never really went back to sleep. My hair is so thin right now I can feel the air on my head. So tomorrow night at 6:15 I’m going to have my head shaved. 🙄. I’m not happy about it but standing outside tonight with the wind blowing I could see my hair blowing right out of my head. It’s time. Will I cry… probably. Rylee wants to be the one to shave my head. He’s talked about it all night. He even got a merit badge done hoping I’d say ok. Ha, he must think I’m crazy! Maybe with the supervision of my hairdresser, I’ll let him take a pass, but I’m not sure why he wants to do it so bad and that’s what makes me nervous.

So today started out with me selling some coffee to my team member Raveena. So is so sweet and is trying her had at several different businesses. But when we met she gave me a big hug and told me she was praying for me and that I looked good. So told her I’ve lost over 30lbs and that my hairs falling out fast. She said really so I pulled on a chunk of hair and it just came right out. Her eyes got huge and she said please don’t do that again. The strange part was that it shocked Rylee and I too. I had pulled on strands of hair and a few pieces had come out but this was the whole clump of hair. So I left my DNA in that parking lot and bid sweet Raveena good bye.

Rylee and I headed to the wig shop to find a wig with shorter hair. I tried on about 7 or 8 wigs and the one I liked the best was the one Rylee picked out. One more walk around the store and I found a secret place that had a few wigs and there was a pretty curly, auburn wig and I tried it on. It was the one. It was a Gabor marked done from $300 to $150. Sold! And when I get a few minutes, I’ll be calling my insurance company because I have a prescription for a prosthetic for my head. I don’t care how they word it, a free wig is a free wig. And now I have a long one and a short one. A Raquel Welch and an Ava Gabor. Hmmmm

The severed head hanging in my closet…or the long wig.

After wig shopping we went to McAllisters for lunch. While we were eating the assistant manager stopped to see how our lunch was and I mentioned that we eat at the one in Mooresville frequently and always have the same sandwich. But the one here was so much more appealing to the eye and had meat in every bite. The restaurant in Mooresville all the meat was rolled up in the middle of the bread so there was no meat on the edges of the sandwich. She said her district manager was in the building and would I tell him what I just told her. I agreed. Then she came over and said, I’m sorry but it’s the mom in me and she was pulling hair off of my shirt. I smiled and thanked her and told her my hair was falling out due to chemotherapy but that I appreciated her efforts. She said she was sorry to hear the news and she would pray for me. A few minutes later she came and asked me for my ticket. I asked if something was wrong and she said no, she just wanted to treat us to lunch and she was going to put the money back on my card. Now how sweet was that?

Soon I was home to take a nap before Princess Lia arrived. I felt like I had just laid down when Rylee came and woke me up. We sat and visited with Mel and they ate their lunch then it was back to the oncologist to get my white blood cell boosting shot. We were home by 4 and I was starting to feel sick so I took a nausea pill that makes you dizzy and realized we didn’t get anything for dinner. Oh well, can’t drive now! Joe came and got Lia and I just rested until Terry came home. He was out mowing a couple of his bee yards so he can extract honey next weekend. There was something going on down town that had to do with back to school so we went down to see what was going on and enjoyed free hot dogs, chips and a drink. I’m not a big hot dog person so I just ate 1 but everyone else was walking around with fists full. I told Terry and Rylee to get a couple, everyone else was.

All in all it was a good day. I didn’t have the energy like I did after the first treatment but at least I’m not feeling really sick either. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I’ve already started the nausea medicine so I’m hoping to not have to deal with what I did last time. But it is what it is and this too shall pass. I have a lot of people holding me up and for that I am grateful. I love you all.

My blessing for today was: wig shopping with Rylee and finding one I really like on sale!

Be blessed




2 thoughts on “The day after…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s